Monday, June 10, 2013

New England heat.

I'm super behind and i'm going to try my best to move it along. many things have happened all of which were extremely time consuming. first let's start June off with a flight to Maine for the weekend to enjoy my girls and the littles christenings, hence the back dating. of course I had a great time, ate lobster, snuggled with June and Jan, I even had the pleasure of going to the beach. mostly because it was sweltering! 

how does that even happen, 90+ degrees with humidity in freakin' Maine. either way though, it was fantastic. I ran both saturday and sunday, feeling pretty decent except when I thought I was going to die on my run back on saturday morning--- it was seriously so hot, there was no shade, and i thought of the brilliant plan to run at 9am for 2 miles without water--dummy. 

sunday was fo' sho' a great and happy day. woke up early, had some breakfast, some great qt with Jan, and made the decision to run to the beach. 3.4 miles later, I arrived. it was beautiful. it was the first beach day of the season for me which is totally odd, because usually i'm there at least once a week throughout the year. the sound of the lapping water, and the beautiful blue sky was so serene and happiness provoking. I felt completely at ease and that that day would be one of those unexpected days and wonderful-ness. (I was right)

I ran into that water, and it was so cold, but my burning legs needed it, it felt amazing. i played with the kids in the water and didn't feel uncomfortable about being in a bathing suit- for the first time in about 15 years. 

the best part about that day though, was simply sitting on the beach blanket with Jan and June enjoying the serenity of the beach, watching their kids play, and creating a memory for both them and us, that I certainly will treasure always. at one point Jan's mom said " you three look like the 'ya-ya sisterhood' sitting there." it was an experience, and small, to some insignificant experience that meant a lot to me, and it was exactly where i wanted to be, and want to be every sunday morning. 

of course you didn't think that the weekend went off without a hitch did you? my flight home was supposed to happen at 3pm and i should have gotten to NY around 4:30ish. instead, due to weather -that according to mom, didn't exist- my flight was delayed to around 6, which in the grand scheme of most of my stories isn't that bad, but, of course i don't mind the necessary evil when i get to enjoy the time with June and Jan. 

1 comment: