Sunday, October 21, 2012

more grown up things

eek. should i be worried? i mean, we placed a bid on an apt. and it was accepted and we are currently going through the motions of owning something! eek. adult-like things are happening fast.

i called my grandmother the other day, she's 83, i told her about the apt. the conversation went as so, according to my memory:

grandma: how many bedrooms?
me: two.
grandma: oh, baby's room.
me: guest bedroom.
grandma: <chuckle> baby's room.
me: guest room. <chuckle>
grandma: <in a almost whisper with a hint of sneaky-ness in her tone, paired with a maniacal laugh> baby's room.

my grandma, has never said anything to me, or my mom about us having kids, or when my mom was younger, her having a kid so its rather funny that she even said what she said to me. my mom and i think that she wants great-grandchildren before she dies. funny thing is - she's one of those that will most likely NEVER die.

when we told my MIL the conversation went as so, according to my memory:

RB: you can tell her.
MIL: tell me what?!! <eyes all perky and happy>
me: ok. MIL, we put in a bid on an apt and it was accepted, so i guess soon we will be "home owners".
MIL: <slightly deflated, and disappointed look on her face> oh. that's nice, congratulations.

later i told RB that my MIL must have been convinced we were going to tell her i was pregnant. ha ha- sucker!

we will not be moving in until all the work it done. oh wait! the best part, the apt is kinda out of date- well really out of date. so, we will be gutting and renovating the entire apt. new everything, down to the walls and ceiling. kinda fun, kinda scary, but simply the only thing i'm kinda excited about. that, and having my friends have a place to sleep when they come visit, and have other friends and family over.

growing up ain't looking to shabby as of now. we'll see how this whole thing goes... and those of you i know and love- you're more than welcome to come stay in our new GUEST ROOM coming march 2013!! (maybe i'll throw myself a birthday party ;-) )


4 comments:

  1. OOooo - Congratulations! Time to go pick up a stack of paint strips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like THAT'S when i need to plan my visit to ny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we MAKE a baby in your GUEST room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please feel free to visit at any moment AND I would LOVE for you to do baby making in my guest room!!

    ReplyDelete