Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Always All About ME!!

Happy birthday to me! today at 10:32pm i will officially be 32. not exactly what i thought i'd be like at 32, but i'm not unhappy about it either. my birthday in recent years has become this few day event of celebrating. i kinda like it. i blame RB. the eve before my birthday, yesterday- which is a very lovely friend of mine birthday who lives far far away, i'm sorry we are NEVER together for our days- i usually spend with my MIL.

MIL likes to have her own private time with us, and I'm more than willing to oblige. my actual birthday, dinner is at my parents house, always, if it's a weekend, i get birthday breakfast too at my favorite breakfast spot in the city. the next day, we get a birthday break because it's our wedding anniversary! ha ha- suckers. usually we do hot dogs, or something silly, this year, a fancy dinner at a new and different restaurant. finally, there's the quality party time with friends and quality family time with family. so really it's a 4 day birthday affair with 1 day anniversary break.

and just like that, it's all over and i have to wait a whole year to do it all over again. i like my birthday and i don't like it because i have to wait a whole year for it to be all about me all over again. i try to think of something every year that might be fun to do with my family and or with my friends, something different than just sitting around eating. for my dirty thirty, we played the Wii- "Just Dance"video game, that was a lot of fun. this year i suggested roller skating before dinner, just like my 9th birthday party at laces in LI. so far, everyone is in.

i used to not even want to celebrate my birthday, i felt like no one really cared, and it was an inconvenience; isn't that stupid. why should i care if it's an inconvenience? if you love me or care about me at all you make the effort, it's not my job to be concerned if you care or not. so there you have it. my birthday week actually began last friday, when i got my first birthday gifts and cards- i love cards. saturday got some more gifts, sunday was a day of relaxing. yesterday, like i said should have been with my MIL- poor thing can't remember what plans she had made, so we ended up rescheduling for next week, no big deal really. but today, today's the day, (and friday and saturday of course), the days that matter.

happy birthday to me. cheers to many years more, pal. going to lace my skates up and get ready for saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment