Monday, December 3, 2012

do you ever get the feeling no one likes you?

question: is it just my own insecurities that come through or does it happen for others, do you ever get the feeling no one likes you? i mean, how could it possibly be that not one person you associate with in fact likes you? i mean personally, i don't care who likes me and who doesn't, this isn't a high school blog entry discussing how bad i feel about myself because no one likes me. honestly, i don't give a fuck that you don't like me. this is strictly about people who say one thing and act another way.

i know for a fact and because of my own experiences that there is no one person that i like every single day, and i'm no exemption. i sometimes don't like me either, but that's just day-to-day kinda liking and disliking. 

i suppose an example might help. i work with some people that say they don't like other people but yet hang out with them during work on a regular basis. now, does this mean they don't like them, don't like me, or just don't like being alone? (man, i really wish i could read people's minds, my life would be so much easier). 

i get invited to things, plenty of social activities, but i wonder am i being invited because of who i associate with or because i am wanted? if it's the first, then by all means, PLEASE save me and you the trouble and do not extend an invitation. 

i often feel used by a few "friends", as though i am only go for when they don't have a ride, or anyone else to hang out with. that kinda shit i don't like. just make a decision, because most of the time i can almost immediately decide what level of friend you are to me. 

  • level 1 friend: divulging everything, have most likely shared a bed at some point, i have cried a lot with you, you have met my family, considered family, there through thick and thin. 
  • level 2 friend: trusted with a lot of information, have not yet shared a bed/sleeping space because the circumstances have never called for it, however, overnights might have occurred, met the family in 1-2 occasions, can call on this friend for a good time, or when in dire straits.  
  • level 3: friendly, hang out on occasion or often, everything is superficial in conversation, nothing to terribly deep, but you can call on this friend in dire straits. 
  • level 4: friendly, idle chit-chat, smiles, hello's, perhaps co-workers, or friends of friends. i do not have your number or address. 
  • level 5: acquaintances. 
  • level 6: i barely remember your name. i would say- we are not friends at all. 
i'm sure i could give more in depth description of each level but you get the idea. so the friend thing is directly related to the liking and not liking thing. if i don't like you, you might be a level 5 or 6 or not on any level at all, i don't pay you any mind really. if you don't like i am hoping that it is the same. if you are a level 3 or higher, i don't think about you liking me vs. not liking me, because it is a basic assumption you do because of the level you are on. that's when it gets tricky. people on these levels act funny, which makes me reevaluate your level and your level of liking me. 

here's the basic thing of all. if we were once friends and now we aren't, i just stop talking to you, or something had to have happened for our friendship to no longer be. if i make an effort, and so do you, then obviously we are friends. if i tell you i don't like you, we aren't friends, figure it out. 

it's the wishy-washy friends i have that piss me off. one week i'm invited to a ton of events, life events, parties, etc, and then another week you barely say hello to me. make a fucking decision and just let me know until then leave me alone. 

do you ever get that feeling that no one likes you? 

5 comments:

  1. Level 1: High Five. I am the envy of the world. :)

    (also I had to prove I was not a robot three times, not sure what that says)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my level 1 friend. I love you and your crazy ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Level 4 to 6 drops off pretty fast. Next time I'm in NYC, I want to sleep with you. How's that for a pick-up line? ;-)

    I don't tend to think people don't like me, but rather people forget about me, in a sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's an amazing pick up line!! the best ever! and you're not a level 4- you're definitely further up! :)

    i am with you on being forgotten at times, in a sense.

    you both should be the envy of the world! high fives fo' sho'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't so worried about my number. I just feel sorry for anyone who starts tipping to the acquaintance category because it's a quick drop off. :-)

    ReplyDelete