Sunday, September 22, 2013

time flies when you're still wearing Birkenstocks

I'm still trying to catch up, find that rhythm i'm used to, being in Paradise for two weeks threw me off. We are on week 5 of living out of our home, it's interesting, mostly because now I'm worried I have to readjust to not living at home when this is all over. I love it here. As much as I miss my [our] own space, I truly love it at my parents house. Don't be fooled though into thinking that it's because of home cooking, or mom doing my laundry because that's a far cry from reality. Cooking is a shared chore in this house, I cook at least 2 times a week, I've been doing my own laundry since I could see the agitator inside the washing machine [age 7] and their dryer is broke. needless to say, those are some of the drawbacks, sharing the guest bed with RB, and living out of a suitcase, wearing sandals [still], is also a draw back.

being with the 3 people I love most in the world everyday AND my old pup, that's really the highlight. sure, I'm 32 and it's a little cramped here, and I haven't slept well in over a month, it's still pretty great being here.

Being at work isn't fun, at all. I don't teach, and that isn't for lack of trying. Between the new standards for students and teachers, and how we are being rated, the amount of paperwork required of us now is worse than ever. How can it be considered teaching when I'm too busy trying to prove to the city, state, and anyone outside of my building, why my students can't learn certain things. Alas, I digress.

Taking 3 classes this semester just pits the cherry on top of the things to get through on my "to-do" list.

With all that being said, I'm really, and truly, fine and dandy. I mean, I have my moments of, "I want to punch this person in the throat", but when isn't that the case.

So, here we are, weather getting chilly, I'm still in open toed birkenstocks, and we should be here for a least a few more weeks, between the floors and the painting, we are close, but not done. I figure you're all welcome for a visit around Thanksgiving- I should be ready by then for guests. RB and I are running real low on cash, which isn't something I am used to at all, but in a year, we'll be up and running like our usual selves, I presume.

I know, you're reading this hoping for a photo update of what our blissful living space looks like. look no further...
Kitchen on Monday

The wall with those double closets in the LR

Our Closet

Guest/Spare Bedroom

Bathroom (toilet not pictured)

Kitchen/LR entry as of today

Kitchen (as of today)

Kitchen as of today

No comments:

Post a Comment