Thursday, February 13, 2014

16 days

I love winter, really I do. I don't mind the chilly weather, the snow, the coats, and sweaters. But for goodness sakes, I miss the dry warmth of the sun.

It never fails that I get on a regular schedule and it strikes. Fever, elevated heart rate, sore, scratchy throat, swollen face, sinus headache and pressure, and EXTREMELY itchy ears and tonsils. Yes, you guessed it; vacation next week, and a workout streak of 16 days quickly turned to a sad end all due to the aforementioned ailments.

Maybe Mom's right, and it's my body's way of getting me to slow down. But seriously body, you're "killin'' me here! I'm down 2.5 more pounds and this is the crap you're going to pull? as if the constant snow, slush, rain, freezing temperatures weren't enough, we have this now!?

I took yesterday off, mom's doctor's orders. I tried to fight it, but when she made me take my resting heart rate (84 bpm) and then after 2 minutes of jogging check it again (164 bpm), I knew I was down for the count. Due to weather today, I can't workout, can't get to the moocher gym and can go outside. I guess it's all for the better being that I still feel like garbage's mom.

Next week should be a interesting struggle. I'm super skittlefarts, excited to see some New England "family", but not sure how I'm going to get my workouts in the way I need them to be done. I'm sure I'll be fine as long as some movement happens, I just hate to feel like I've worked this hard to start all over.



running in the cold, on the snowy trail.
 my trail last week ... I was forced to run the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment