Saturday, February 15, 2014

Kosher Valentines Day 2014 Edition

Morning:
Happy Kosher Valentines Day! This Year RB and I will be celebrating in the most Kosher style ever. I'm taking a crack at PORK BELLY! MMM, suckling, crispy pig. Although, I am still fighting with the crappy cold that has paused my workouts and cooking schedule, I'm going to go ahead with my plan and make the 3 hour attempt.

Afternoon:

So here is my small 2 pound slab of Pork Belly, ain't she a beaute?! I plan on following a recipe I found on Pinterest; I chose this recipe mostly because I don't have to go to the store to buy anything extra for it, plus it's relatively simple, and can easily be matched with rice. Most of the Asian recipe's I'd like to try call for A LOT of ingredients, which is what I find when attempting any Asian dish, I'm sure I'll give those a shot when I feel more like myself and it isn't a frigid, gray, gloomy winter day.

Evening:

The finished project. It was crispy and savory. I made mashed potatoes instead of my original thought of rice because the recipe had a gravy component. It was quite tasty. I think I prefer a sweet pig verses a savory one, however, this was simple, and RB enjoyed every last bite. Tradition continued for KVD, I get flowers, and RB gets something special made for him. It was an overall success! Cheers to all future KVD's and may all new recipe's be successful!

1 comment: