Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bad Words

There is this awesome Museum in Queens that I loved going to as a kid. It's called the Museum of Moving Images. It is a great place to go if you love, television, movies, and history. You can purchase a membership and with that membership comes a variety of perks. One of which, I benefited from without having a membership.

A friend from work has a membership, and she was attending a variety of early screenings of films. Mostly, independent films, but still, first screenings none the less. On a random Tuesday she and her boyfriend couldn't attend the screening of Jason Bateman's "Bad Words", so she offered up the tickets to RB and I. I said "sure, what else am I doing that I can't go see a funny, independent film with the amazing Jason Bateman." She later informed me that usually, the director or someone important from the film does a little Q&A at the end of the film. I was super excited when I found out that this film was Jason Bateman's directorial debut, and he was the star and one of the producers! How fun. 

RB and I attended the show, with all the type of people I loathe in my city. I'm sure many of you "BIG" city people know what I am talking about. There are a certain type of transplant person who move to large cities and act all hoytie-toytie and think that they are real New Yorkers or Bostonians, or LA people. Hate to burst your bubble people, but you're transplants, and most of you are an annoying group of pompous asses. I digress, I know I have made mention of this before but the theater was filled with these people. (Annoying asses). The movie was HILARIOUS. You really ought to see it. It's a dark comedy, with outrageous dialogue and yet a sweet/sour ending. I loved it. I was only somewhat disappointed in the Q&A at the end, but that most certainly was not Jason Bateman's fault, it was the idiot people asking questions like, "I noticed you changed your hair for the film, was that written in?" Really?!? You have the opportunity to ask him pretty much anything and that's what you ask. We asked nothing, although I did want to tell him, I loved him since I was a child and RB wanted to tell him how great he thought he was on "Family Ties". 

Either way, it was a different kind of Tuesday Night in March, and I really recommend that if you have a weird sense of humor, you should enjoy "Bad Words" thoroughly. 



1 comment: