Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The latest moments.

After a girl I work with made notice that I wear "whimsical" clothing that are colorful and make her smile, I began to make an effort on Wednesday to dress myself in the most whimsical of ways regardless of weather, and mood. So far, I've had pretty good Wednesday's and the bright colors even helped me to feel a little better.


 I've been feeling pretty good, aside from allergy season kicking my ass, I've been (knock on wood) feeling good with working out. I have not been making myself feel bad if I miss a work out, or over eat. I've made an attempt practically every day for a decent workout, and I'm happy the warmer weather is here because I've been eating a ridiculous amount of fresh fruit! I've managed to loose a few more pounds, and I'm feeling more like myself again. The old pup himself has been keeping my company while I lift, and ride outside at my parents house. I've been swimming at least once a week, and I feel more normal in the pool than I have in months. Running has gotten easier with the extra few pounds gone, although I'm not getting faster while out running, I'm able to go a little further each time I'm out.

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I can go out for 40 minutes at lunch and run in the park up the block. Some days are better than others, but that run really means a lot to my physical, social and emotional self. I'm worried that next school year, I won't be so lucky. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, and make it work for me.















The last thing I wanted to address was this quote that I came across on pinterest. (the best place on the Internet). When I read it originally, it had made me angry. I read it and felt that way because there are just some days were you really need to do the exact opposite of what this quote was preaching. Some days you need to lie in bed, or in front of the t.v. and not move, not get dressed, skip it and let it go. Sometimes you need to give up, because giving up isn't always a bad move. Staying in and skipping out on things sometimes is the right move for how you feel. Granted, when it comes to exercise, there should be an effort on a daily basis, however, there are just those days, even with exercise, that sitting "this one out" is important to your well being. I think that's why a lot of the "motivational" quotes and "make today your bitch" kinda stuff is good to a point, making sure you take care of you, and seeing the beauty in life, and following your feelings, rather than forcing yourself to go because you think that's whats right and what will always work is wrong. This isn't the first, the only and the last quote that makes me angry when I read it. The same holds true for another quote, it something having to do with, people who aren't nice or rude or swear are of lesser intelligence, or lesser empathy than those that aren't rude, kind to EVERYONE and don't swear.- pah-leez. Sometimes, a mother f***er needs to be told they are a mother f***er! Sometimes, people need to not mistake my kindness for friendship, and just because I'm not nice to every person I meet on the street, or who walks into my classroom, or my home, doesn't mean that I am not a genuinely nice person to the people that earn it, need it,  not everyone deserves the same treatment. They all haven't earned my kind heart, my love, or even my respect. So, for those of you who think less of me or don't like me, or judge me, when I swear, skip a party or workout, when I am nasty when you say something about my students or family, thank you, and you can scratch.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a mid-day exerciser. I sweat too much! The humidity now that summer has arrived is not helping any...I despise summer running. :-/

    ReplyDelete