Sunday, March 4, 2012

it's only hair...

obviously my name is rapunzel for my long hair, and although it isn't blonde it's rather long. i recently went to get a trim. a much needed trim. i usually go once a year. my hair dresser is a family friend who did my hair for my wedding and we love her very much. however, when she has certain clients in the shop she tends to not pay attention.

i requested a clean-up kinda of a job. 3 inches tops off of my hair and no one would have even noticed. last year i cut bangs but after doing so, noticed I have a problem. i can't style my hair. extra brushes, combs, flat irons, blowers, or curling irons and any styling products of any kind, i have no idea how to properly make use of.

here i am asking for a clean up, minimal of 3 inches, and i remove my glasses and it begins. she becomes distracted, chatty, pulls the hair to the front, and cuts. finally, after about 20-30 minutes, blow dried, curling ironed, and brushed out, my year before bangs aren't cleaned up, they have now reappeared, and 8 inches have been removed from the end of my hair!

it's only hair and it'll grow in no time but, now i am left with getting up 10 minutes earlier, attempting to style my hair, buying a curling iron, looking like a damned hipster. the other issue that i have is i feel like i have to find a new "hair" person.  which in it of itself is upsetting. either way, i gotta tell ya, i want to shave my head, instead of  styling my hipster short haircut.

it may not be short for you, but it's short for me... but it's only hair and it'll grow back... eventually.

3 comments:

  1. awe, come on! really, no picture?! i'm sure you look hott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a given. But no, no picture. With that said that's the point you'd probably not even notice the 8 inches gone but I do. I also notice the attention required every morning. Hopefully by summertime I'll be back in long hair no hipster haircut heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.... for me it's not length, but quantity. When you only have three hairs left on the top of your head you really notice when you lose one ;-)

    ReplyDelete