Wednesday, June 6, 2012

dead bunnies:

"rabbit, rabbit"

so, rabbit, rabbit is said on the first of every month for good fortune, and luck for the month. well, about 3 years ago i put up as my devil-facebook status, "rabbit, rabbit". well if only i knew what was about it ensue. my aunt and my cousin (who is my aunt's first cousin) began responding as follows, now please bare with me, it's the best i can do from memory...

Rapunzel: "rabbit, rabbit"
A-Mia: "Did it Die?"
Fran: "Yeah, did it?"
Rapunzel: "did what die? the rabbit?"
A-Mia: "Yeah, the rabbit. Did it die?"
Rapunzel: "I Don't know? do you want it too?"
Fran: "Yes!"
Rapunzel: "Why would it die?"
A-Mia: "If it dies than you're pregnant."
Rapunzel: "NO! It's still very much alive. What the hell are you talking about? why are rabbits dying, and that meaning your pregant??!?"

A-Mia: "A long time ago, they used to test to see if you were pregnant by injecting your blood into a rabbit and if it died, it meant that you were pregnant."

Fran: "So it didn't die?"

Rapunzel: "Nope, all rabbits, still very much alive here."
Fran: "Oh."

from then on it became, rabbit, rabbit, did it die? I'm curious to see if and when i ever do happen to become pregnant how clever i can be with this whole rabbit dying thing. so odd people were in the 60's with their random dead bunnies.

2 comments: