Sunday, June 24, 2012

remove the sign

please remove the sign that apparently is on me or every vehicle i drive that say "HIT ME". when i graduated form college my parents helped me buy my very first car, my dream car, a punch buggy. i loved "nancy". she was a great little beetle. gray, 6-disc changer, tape-player, moonroof, she was fabulous. until one fateful night in NJ when i made a left turn and a guy going 55 mph in a 25 mph area smashed right into me. luckily i wasn't badly injured. my car was fixed in 3 months time and i was back in business, however, "nancy" was never the same again, so my uncle came home from work with "lucy" my volvo S40.

 i wasn't happy about it, but it was better than dealing with the issues that "nancy" had been providing me with. "lucy" was fast amazingly more roomy, and i loved her. being a volvo, i would have her and run her into the ground, i wouldn't trade her in. i debated a few times trading her in, just as a quick thought and it went away, i was happy with "lucy". last month, i was driving to the city for work, and a man made a left turn right into me... $4,500 in repairs to the front end of my car, his insurance paid for it, again, luckily i was ok, and i was so happy to have "lucy" back. i did again, debate trading her in, but i took that thought back and was happy to drive her back to the beach.

this past tuesday on my way to my last day of tutoring i was in stop and go traffic. i was stopped for a few minutes when a beautiful 20 something driving an acura SUV slammed into me so violently that rear-windshield shattered and flew into my front seat, my front seat back separated from the seat part, and my trunk was in my backseat. i have no idea what on earth she was doing. all i know is that my car was pronounced totaled out friday afternoon and i am left to go car shopping, one of the worst types of shopping there is. i'd rather go bathing suit shopping. yeah, i went to the hospital, yeah, i've got a bunch of bruises and i was feeling beat up and tired for a few days, and yeah, i'm ok, but my "lucy"! my unnatural love for inanimate objects kicked in, i was so sad, i began to cry. i cried when i went to the auto body shop to clean out my car, the poor guy must have thought i was insane.

now, i am left to worry that insurance may fuck me out of money towards a new car, i have to partly pay for a rental car, i have to shop for a new car instead of being on the beach, and i have to stretch and make sure that the pain i have in my neck and back isn't accident related. i've already had enough.

one day i fear someone is going to kill me. i'm always glad that thank goodness, i am alone in the car, but what if that sign isn't removed and i'm not alone. all i could say this last time when i was hit was "oh, fuck" it was quiet, but it was said.

i would like it very much so for the sign to be removed from my cars and people to please oh please, stop hitting me. i'm not fucking invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment