Sunday, June 3, 2012

first for june...

here it is fucking june, and i'm sure all of you loyal readers have been missing me! ha. i can only imagine. well, let me tell you something, there is almost nothing to fucking report and i mean nothing. we have gone nowhere. we have looked at a few new house online, but have yet to actually set up appointments to visit them in person and that's mostly because it's summer time and i just want to do nothing in the summer but lay on the beach and work out. i have to say that RB's and i communication skills have improved 10-fold. (thank god) and we finally feel like we are getting somewhere with one another as a married couple. which is always good news.

i tell my unmarried friends all the time, don't be in such a fucking rush to get married. sure, there are some great perks to being married, but sometimes being married really sucks, and it's like having a whole-other job. it's not easy, it's not always fun and it's certainly not always the best time of your life. of course the same can hold true for being single, i suppose.

another friend and i often talk about how our married friends told us these tremendous lies when we were getting married years ago. we refer to them as the "rainbow and unicorn" lies. sure, my wedding was great, and fun, but the first 2 years of my marriage was really, really rough. some of my dearest friends might say that i had an abnormally rough 2 years, but nevertheless, i didn't help in making it better, and neither did some other people by feeling bad for me. all i'm saying is that being married isn't "rainbows and unicorns". don't rush something that isn't real, isn't there and/or isn't going to work out because you think it should. luckily enough, after 3+ years, RB and I figured our shit out, and this just might work... gotta tell you, in my heart of hearts, i always knew it would. he is my best friend after all and i always had faith.

"i vow to love you and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other."

4 comments:

  1. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? I keep thinking that SOMEONE'S grass HAS to ACTUALLY be greener. I think they are keeping quiet so they don't have to share though. ;-) Glad you and RB figured your shit out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grass is legitimately not greener for anyone. Everyone's green is different, my green might be brighter and a different shade than yours my dear friend, and things you may hold dear to you I may not hold quite as near and dear to me. But, yes, i'm glad we figured out shit out, before it got crazy, and too late or before I was moving my ass into your place way out in MI! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with (temporarily) residing in this great state. ;-)

    ReplyDelete