Wednesday, February 22, 2012

the reason i married who i married...

a little background info- i've known my husband for 13 years. i kissed him first, i begged him not to fall in love with me, because i am bad news. the reason we got along so well as friends for so many years was because we had a similar sense of humor and that's why we continue to get along as well as we do.  i went to graduate school down the block from his apartment and he used to leave silly notes on my car while i was in class for me to read for my amusement after a long day of work and school. here is one that came much later into our friendship and dating relationship.

"for my whole life i have been told that i am smart as can be, everything has always come easy to me, at least academically. but as long as i can remember, i felt something was not there. but i knew that i could not place the longing i could not bear.

then, several years ago, you walked into my life. you became a trusted friend, we shared adventures every night. i stuck by you through times when people were speaking badly. you stayed by my side when i needed you, and from that moment you truly had me.

your birthday was fast approaching, a gift for you i tried to seek. a frog and crew, from me to you. but the better gift was given to me. i could not believe how close we became, how you were the best. ten you made my dreams come true, on the 347 at the hess.

you made me make a promise, one i could not keep. apparently you could not either, and it hurt to watch you weep. 'i'm sorry RB' i heard you say, through your pretty swollen eyes. the tears kept running down your face, but all i could do was smile.

'hey gorgeous', i said. 'dry those tears, no need to be sad. although it seems i've lied to you, i could not be more glad. your love for me is one i share equally back for you. who'd have thought that bliss would be found between a german and a jew?'

you smiled and laughed and looked up at mean and my heart skipped a beat. i gazed deep at you, and you at me and i could not believe how sweet those eyes were as they looked at me. i could not help but say, 'i've loved you for sometime now, but to tell you i was afraid.'

you've taught me quite a bit in this roller coaster of life. you've shown me hat there is always a passage through the strife. you've helped to show me the beauty in each passing season. and that everything that happens to us, happens for a reason.

the times we've shared won't be forgotten, no matter how long will pass. 'welcome to new york' in the orient and the several trips to vegas. aruba was full of all kinds of memories; tapas and poop in the sea... parasailing for the first time, alone but together and feeling so free.

each night i talk you softly to sleep or at least i try. i long for the day when in our bed we fall to sleep side by side. its not just that i want to make sure you sleep, tucked in safe at night. its that i need that time, you see, to share my hearts insight.

i repeat myself almost all the time, but that i do not care. all the things i say you truly deserve to hear. 'i love you, and i miss you' are just part of what i say, 'i appreciate you and all you are, you always make my day.'

i've never been so happy as the times i've spent with you. you've made me feel like heaven, its corny but it's true. life throws one a lot of curve balls, making existence sometimes rough. but i know that i can face anything with you, together wont be as tough.

i can never than you enough for just being who you are. loving you is the greatest thing i have ever experienced by far. you tell me how perfect i am and i only half joke when i say it's true. because as wonderful as you may think i am, i'm only perfect because of you."



No comments:

Post a Comment