Tuesday, January 14, 2014

M O T I V A T I O N

with the new year rocking and rolling,  i was interested in getting my fitness life together and making sure my pants fit! technically I am "trying" to train for a half marathon as previously stated in earlier posts, so i'm really working on making sure I "run" a few times a week, lift, do some pilates and stretch, stretch, stretch.

while searching for a variety of ways to motivated myself,  i was reminded of a friend of mine who is training for a half marathon in the fall. with the technology we have now-a-days it makes no sense to me as to why we can't motivate each other even from 200 miles away. through little investigation, i talked my pal into joining an online/app/community so we can motivate and keep track of each others running's comings and goings.

it's been a week and we have both admitted that knowing that the other can see our activity makes us want to run, and attempt at "beating" each other in miles. Last week i ran more miles than i had done for 3 out the 4 weeks in December. (I'm ahead of my pal by a measly 1.5 miles) i'm just trying to stay a few steps ahead.

i think she would agree with me that this is the exact motivation we need. i even think we are so motivated that we are taking extra precautions to avoid any injuries. i find only a few flaws with the arrangement; 1. my race is first, 2. we aren't racing together, which could be fun.

perhaps, we can have all our friends join our little running community, and motivate each other, but i like our little competition, it's very intimate and challenging. let's go get 'em Jenski!!

2 comments:

  1. You're not ahead now, because I ran 2 miles this morning!

    And, whaaaaat? You've been lifting. I feel so inadequate now. ;-) I've been trying to recruit others, so maybe for the half marathon training...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are totally ahead after today, but I still have to run tomorrow, thursday and saturday. Don't feel inadequate ;-), i only lift 2x a week, yogi 3x a week and pilate 2x a week.

      Recruits... fresh meat!

      Delete