Tuesday, January 21, 2014

the road to a better shaped me.

after doing nothing extra on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, I headed out today while snow was falling to do my usual 5k workout. about 13 minutes in my phone died, even though it said 45% when i left the house, and obviously didn't properly calculate my "run". i felt like garbage, but i was totally pissed off because of the technological interruption. I guess i should have looked at it as a favor being that it was about 23 degrees and snowing heavily. I got 2 miles out of today, and this week is looking super rough; cold, bad weather, running sneaker treads kinda shot, and running on the treadmill causes a lot more pain than anything else.

i was ahead of Jenski by the end of the week, but of course with my laziness and interruption today, I'm about 7 miles behind! how can i possibly make that time up?! guess, i'll just have to try.

have i mentioned, since Christmas I have gained and held onto 7 pounds, which really makes me so motivated to run. i do the usual, muscle weighs more than fat, spiel but of course, who gives a shit if it's true, its still there and i feel it. other than all that, i'm ridiculously tired, want nothing more than to stay home and snuggle with RB under the blankie, and not move, not even to eat... when's my next vacation?!?

2 comments:

  1. You're still ahead in the challenge! I just went running once before you set it up, so my monthly mileage is higher than yours.

    Sounds to me like a shiny new pair of running shoes are in order! And my new favorite suggestion when people are tired or down - ask your dr. to check your thyroid. :-) (As an aside, thyroid levels can affect your ability to conceive too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous you two are in some kind of challenge!? What a great idea!

    I agree with Jenski on both counts re: thyriod.

    You're strong and tough as nails. Period. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete